eBay Selling Tips
Many people look for eBay selling tips. They want a shortcut to successfully selling on eBay. This article contains nine tips for selling on eBay.
Some of these eBay selling tips will save you money, others will result in higher prices. Either way, these free tips will help you run more profitable eBay auctions.
Nine eBay Selling Tips:
That's nine simple eBay selling tips.
- Write a simple description and do not clutter your auction with unneeded items like animated Gifs, and colored backgrounds. Remember, you are selling not entertaining.
- Charge a flat rate for shipping, and mention the shipping costs prominently within your auction description.
- Write a title that accurately describes your item. Use manufacturers name and model number within the title if applicable.
- Write a detailed description that allows prospective bidders to make a decision about purchasing the item. A related selling tip is the description can never be too long as long as it is describing the item.
- Include large clear photographs. Invest in some lights and a quality camera. Your investment will pay for itself in higher eBay selling prices within only a few auctions.
- Host your own eBay pictures. By hosting your own pictures, you will save money, and, more importantly, be able to use as many pictures as you need to adequately show eBay bidders your item. This is the simplest thing to do, and yet 70 percent of people selling on eBay ignore this simple tip. This is explained in the free report Free eBay Images Made Easy.
- Optimize your images for the web. Many sellers use the highest resolution settings on their cameras and generate huge files that download very slowly. Computer monitors only show 72DPI, any extra detail is just a waste of the bidder's time.
- List your item in the most appropriate eBay category. Many buyer's only search eBay by looking at listings within categories. If you are not in the right eBay category you will not be seen by lots of potential bidders and you item may end up selling for less than it's worth.
- Systemize your eBay selling. Using a system to sell on eBay will lower the amount of time spent selling each item, and insure you don't forget any important activities.
The Auction Revolution contains a complete step by step explanation of an eBay selling system. The first page of the Auction Revolution website contains a free eBay seller's quiz. The quiz will help you determine what aspects of your eBay selling need improvement.
Take the Free Auction Revolution eBay Seller's Quiz Here.
PS While they are not eBay selling tips, the list ofeBay Selling Mistakes, will also help you improve your auctions.
PPS If you scroll down about 5 inches you'll find links to other articles containing eBay selling tips.
"The IWantCollectibles Guide to Ebay Sales"
is now available for immediate download.
Many of the articles and free reports here on IWantCollectibles were originally sent to readers of my Antiques and eBay Newsletter. Not all articles make it onto the website, and readers also get notices of free reports and special offers.
Most Popular Articles on IWantCollectibles
- Finding Products To Sell On eBay
How to find products to sell on eBay is the most common question I get from my readers. This page has links to all the articles and reports I've written about finding eBay products.
- How To Be An Antique Dealer
The best way to start an antiques or collectibles business. Part 1 of a five part series on being an antiques dealer.
- Understanding eBay Changes 2011
This page covers eBay changes and has links to all articles on IWantCollectibles about working within the changes. Sign up for my free newsletter for articles covering new changes as they are announced.
- Tips for Starting an eBay Consignment Business
Selling on consignment is the perfect way to start on eBay. This article is an introduction to consignment selling, and explains what you'll need to be successful. First in a series on eBay Consignment.
- Shopping For eBay Products At Garage Sales
Thirteen tips for garage sale shopping. Part one of a two part series on garage and yard sales.
- Finding New Products for eBay
If you want to sell new products you need to concentrate on items others are not selling. You need to find sources other sellers are unaware of. That is not hard to do. Here's a list of articles to get you started on the right path.
- eBay Auction Category, Title And Keyword Advice
A series of articles about getting your items found on eBay. Covers category selection, eBay keyword rules, and researching keywords. Finally you'll learn how to write an informative, keyword rich title.