How To Find Antiques And Collectibles To Sell On Ebay.
These 27 strategies will get you thinking
about ways to get sellers to call you. This is what I do. I focus on making my phone ring with anxious sellers. In my
books, I share these secret techniques with others.
Once you've bought the antiques, How To Sell Antiques On eBay contains 23 tips for getting more money in your auctions.
Here's 27 quick ways to buy antiques and collectibles.
These will get you thinking about ways to make your phone ring.
- Develop a marketing plan outlining exactly how you are going to make your phone ring.
- Consider how you are going act in order to make the seller take your offer. Read some books on salesmanship, and negotiating.
- Ask the person in line behind you at the post office, bank, and supermarket if they have any antiques for sale.
- Change the message on your answering machine so it tells everyone who calls you pay cash for antiques.
- Invite some people over to see your antiques.
- Put some of your antiques into a display case at your local library or anywhere with a secure display case. Don't forget to include a sign with your name and telephone number.
- Put a display ad in your local paper, "Top Dollar Paid For Antiques."
- Run an ad in the classified section of your local newspaper saying you pay cash for antiques.
- Ask the person in line in front of you at the post office, bank, and supermarket if they know anyone with antiques.
- Put signs up in the local businesses you frequent saying you pay cash for antiques.
- Have business cards made saying top cash paid for antiques, and hand one to everyone you meet.
- Run a free ad in the weekly shopper papers like the Pennysaver and Thrifty Nickel saying "No one pays more for antiques."
- Buy a sign on the outfield fence at a Little League or Pop Warner field.
- Run an ad in your company's newsletter saying you collect antiques.
- Put 3 by 5 cards saying "Collector Pays Cash For Antiques" on bulletin boards in grocery stores and Laundromats.
- Tell other antiques dealers you will buy any antiques they don't want.
- Drop off your business card at local pawn shops.
- Send a letter to estate sale companies telling them you pay cash for
- Call everyone who offered you antiques and then didn't sell, then ask them if they have changed their mind about selling.
- Join the local antiques club and try to buy the other antiques collectors duplicates.
- Look at every ad you see and think about how you could modify it to get antiques.
- Run an ad in Val-pak or Money Mailers saying you pay "Cash For Antiques."
- Hang signs on telephone poles saying "Collector Pays Cash For Antiques Call 777-7777."
- Tell the person in front of you, you will pay them if they get their friends to sell you Antiques.
- Send Thank You letters to everyone you bought antiques from in the past, and remind them you pay when they get their friends and neighbors to sell you antiques.
- Tell your barber or hair stylist you like antiques and tell them you will pay them for sending you antiques sellers.
- Put a sign on your car that says "I Pay Cash For Antiques."
That should be enough to get you started. Some of these antiques buying strategies will not work in your area, but most will. For example, some cities prohibit signs on telephone poles, or maybe there aren't any weekly papers in your area to run ads in.
Remember, you are always better off
making someone call you, than competing with everyone else. When you go to
yard sales, auctions and antique malls, you are in a race against all the
other collectors and dealers. When people call you, it is because you have
made them think about converting their unwanted items into cash by selling
them to you.
Sure, you can go to yard sales and rely on luck. But if you are serious
about selling on eBay you need to have a steady stream of collectibles
coming in. You can't rely on blind luck or getting there before the other
dealers. You need a system to get a constant stream of new items to list.
All these methods are explained more fully in my antiques and collectible buying system. You'll learn "How To Get An Endless Stream Of People To Sell You Their Antiques And Collectibles. 83 Strategies To Make Your Phone Ring With Anxious Sellers."
You can learn more about my Antiques and Collectibles Buying System here.
PS. If you found yourself thinking of reasons why these strategies won't work for you, you have the mindset of failure. You will not be successful as long as you think this way. Consult a therapist or get some other professional advice.
However, if you read through the list above and thought of ways to improve or implement these strategies you will do well. You might need to improve your skills a bit, but you have the right mindset.
Many of the articles and free reports here on IWantCollectibles were originally sent to readers of my Antiques and eBay Newsletter. Not all articles make it onto the website, and readers also get notices of free reports and special offers.
Most Popular Articles on IWantCollectibles
- Finding Products To Sell On eBay
How to find products to sell on eBay is the most common question I get from my readers. This page has links to all the articles and reports I've written about finding eBay products.
- How To Be An Antique Dealer
The best way to start an antiques or collectibles business. Part 1 of a five part series on being an antiques dealer.
- Understanding eBay Changes 2011
This page covers eBay changes and has links to all articles on IWantCollectibles about working within the changes. Sign up for my free newsletter for articles covering new changes as they are announced.
- Tips for Starting an eBay Consignment Business
Selling on consignment is the perfect way to start on eBay. This article is an introduction to consignment selling, and explains what you'll need to be successful. First in a series on eBay Consignment.
- Shopping For eBay Products At Garage Sales
Thirteen tips for garage sale shopping. Part one of a two part series on garage and yard sales.
- Finding New Products for eBay
If you want to sell new products you need to concentrate on items others are not selling. You need to find sources other sellers are unaware of. That is not hard to do. Here's a list of articles to get you started on the right path.
- eBay Auction Category, Title And Keyword Advice
A series of articles about getting your items found on eBay. Covers category selection, eBay keyword rules, and researching keywords. Finally you'll learn how to write an informative, keyword rich title.