Escaping The eBay Volume Trap
I have a free interview for you. It's Jim Cockrum and me talking about escaping the eBay volume trap. Jim wrote The Silent Sales Machine.
Here's short excerpt:
There’s really 2 ways you can go on eBay.
If you want to earn more money, you can either list more items and make more money that way, which means a lot more work, a lot fewer vacations, a lot more hours put in, a lot more shipping boxes and packing tape and broken and dropped and lost items, and returns.
But there is another option. . .
And that is to grab onto all the customers you can get your hands on.
Then even if eBay disappears tomorrow, for some reason, if they’re wiped off the internet for some reason or they cancel your account, God forbid, for some seemingly unknown reason, and let’s say your business is shut down for a month, you’d continue to make money because you’ve got this customer database and you’re not relying solely on eBay. But you’ve got these customers that you’ve met through eBay, again, without violating eBay policy.
You can download the interview for free by left clicking on the link below and selecting save as.
My Review of The Silent Sales Machine.
My review of Jim's Fulfillment By Amazon Course.
PS. Two related reports are available:
"The IWantCollectibles Guide to Ebay Sales"
- Moving Beyond Ebay - The eBay Seller's Guide To Becoming A Successful Online Entrepreneur explains how to go from eBay seller to profitable online marketer quickly and easily.
- Prospecting On eBay contains step by step instructions for building a newsletter list on eBay by selling cheap products and diverting auction viewers to a newsletter sign up form. Explains product selection, using bonuses to get newsletter subscribers, turning freebie seekers into buyers and much more.
is now available for immediate download.
No email or credit card needed. Just grab your copy.
After reading. . . Pay Only What YOU Think It's Worth.
Many of the articles and free reports here on IWantCollectibles were originally sent to readers of my Antiques and eBay Newsletter. Not all articles make it onto the website, and readers also get notices of free reports and special offers.
Most Popular Articles on IWantCollectibles
- Finding Products To Sell On eBay
How to find products to sell on eBay is the most common question I get from my readers. This page has links to all the articles and reports I've written about finding eBay products.
- How To Be An Antique Dealer
The best way to start an antiques or collectibles business. Part 1 of a five part series on being an antiques dealer.
- Understanding eBay Changes 2011
This page covers eBay changes and has links to all articles on IWantCollectibles about working within the changes. Sign up for my free newsletter for articles covering new changes as they are announced.
- Tips for Starting an eBay Consignment Business
Selling on consignment is the perfect way to start on eBay. This article is an introduction to consignment selling, and explains what you'll need to be successful. First in a series on eBay Consignment.
- Shopping For eBay Products At Garage Sales
Thirteen tips for garage sale shopping. Part one of a two part series on garage and yard sales.
- Finding New Products for eBay
If you want to sell new products you need to concentrate on items others are not selling. You need to find sources other sellers are unaware of. That is not hard to do. Here's a list of articles to get you started on the right path.
- eBay Auction Category, Title And Keyword Advice
A series of articles about getting your items found on eBay. Covers category selection, eBay keyword rules, and researching keywords. Finally you'll learn how to write an informative, keyword rich title.