Finding Profitable eBay Niches
Terry Gibbs interviews Michael Holland
Niche: noun - a distinct segment of a market.
There are opportunities to create a niche on just about anything out there, and there's always going to be this opportunity. If you use some level of creativity and imagination, you can compete in so many different markets, it's not even funny. There are just many thousands and thousands of niches.
Focusing on a niche, rather than a specific product, makes it easier to address your audience, it makes it easier to build relationships because your dealing with the same people over and over again.
Focusing in a niche also makes product selection easier because you learn what offers result in better sales.
Focusing on a niche also increases your audience's trust in you. By explaining different aspects of the topic that binds them together, you gain their respect and make them more likely to buy from you.
In this interview, Michael and I talked about the items below:
- How do I identify groups of people who want to purchase items?
- Why dealing with a group of people (A Niche) is more profitable than dealing with a group of products.
- How do I narrow my focus so I get more sales?
- How do I find the best niches to target?
- How to use "niche erosion" to increase your sales.
- How confusing your interests with your target's interest can cost you money.
- Why you must make sure there are competitors in the niche before you move forward is absolutely required.
- How to research a niche to become positive you can make money.
- The one thing you must find in your research to insure the niche is profitable.
- And much more. . .
After reading this interview you will start thinking of yourself as a seller to groups of people rather than as a seller of a group of products. This change in attitude will result in higher sales because you'll find it easier to match products to people.
Read This Before Downloading The Transcript.
It will take you about 5 minutes to download the materials with a dial up modem. If you have a faster connection it will take less time.
If you have problems with the download or opening the ebook, there is troubleshooting information at the bottom of this page.
The transcript is called niche-marketing-mh11.pdf After you download the PDF, you should be able to just click on it to access the book.
There are solutions to common problems at the bottom of this page.
You can download the ebook by right clicking on the link below and selecting save.
Right Click and Select Save To Download Package
PS Here's a list of all the articles on IWantCollectibes.com about finding products to sell on eBay.
Many of the articles and free reports here on IWantCollectibles were originally sent to readers of my Antiques and eBay Newsletter. Not all articles make it onto the website, and readers also get notices of free reports and special offers.
Most Popular Articles on IWantCollectibles
- Finding Products To Sell On eBay
How to find products to sell on eBay is the most common question I get from my readers. This page has links to all the articles and reports I've written about finding eBay products.
- How To Be An Antique Dealer
The best way to start an antiques or collectibles business. Part 1 of a five part series on being an antiques dealer.
- Understanding eBay Changes 2011
This page covers eBay changes and has links to all articles on IWantCollectibles about working within the changes. Sign up for my free newsletter for articles covering new changes as they are announced.
- Tips for Starting an eBay Consignment Business
Selling on consignment is the perfect way to start on eBay. This article is an introduction to consignment selling, and explains what you'll need to be successful. First in a series on eBay Consignment.
- Shopping For eBay Products At Garage Sales
Thirteen tips for garage sale shopping. Part one of a two part series on garage and yard sales.
- Finding New Products for eBay
If you want to sell new products you need to concentrate on items others are not selling. You need to find sources other sellers are unaware of. That is not hard to do. Here's a list of articles to get you started on the right path.
- eBay Auction Category, Title And Keyword Advice
A series of articles about getting your items found on eBay. Covers category selection, eBay keyword rules, and researching keywords. Finally you'll learn how to write an informative, keyword rich title.